Friday, October 22, 2010

Gary

Weight Lost: A LOT!
Before:

After:


Before:



After:


It all started after I finished playing football for BYU. I weighed 315 pounds a year after I finished playing. It was fine weighing that much while I played because I had much more muscle mass but a year later it was time to shed the not so muscular pounds. Being an exercise science major, I just knew I could do it on my own. Didn’t happen. After recycling the same 15 pounds in many failed attempts, I decided to turn to Kristi for help. After all, she had helped my wife shed 20 pounds in 6 weeks.

I was thrilled when I lost 8 lbs the first week and it continued to come off! Overall, I lost a total of 45 lbs! I felt much better about my appearance and my health benefitted as well. My blood pressure dropped back to normal, my cholesterol reached normal limits, and my joints, especially my knees, thanked me.

I’ve realized that exercise is a big part of weight loss but what you put in your mouth is even bigger. It’s crucial to eat the right foods at the right times. Kristi and the Live the Life team have designed an eating plan that is fool proof if you are diligent and stick to it.

I’m not a perfect eater and will always struggle with what I put in my mouth but I have built a new foundation with eating and know how to get back on track. I was an original client of Kristi about 4 years ago and have managed to stay in my weight goal range by sticking to principles she taught me. I’m definitely a believer in Live the Life.

Now as a Physical Therapist, I see daily the need for people to maintain a healthy weight and sustain muscle mass as long as possible. Many physical ailments could be avoided or alleviated if more people could learn and implement the principles of the Live the Life program.

I was excited when the Live the Life team came out with phase I of Live the Life for men. The book is easy to follow and explains the 7 keys that are crucial to sustained weight loss. The weekly emails and support from the team hold you accountable which are vital in my opinion for clean eating. I would recommend this program to anyone who is serious about improving their overall health.