Friday, October 22, 2010

Rebecca

Weight Lost: 15.6 lbs
Body Fat: 6.4%
Waist: 2"
Hips:1.25"




I have spent most of my adult life at an unhealthy weight. In 2007, I lost 80 pounds through diet and exercise. Once I reached my goal weight, I really struggled to maintain my weight. It sounds strange, but losing the weight was the easy part; maintaining the weight off was much more difficult for me.

Before Live the Life, I had decent exercise habits, but I wasn't exercising with any purpose. My weight was starting to creep up and I didn't know where to start again. I work full-time and didn't feel like I had the time to plan ahead to eat well. I was eating instant oatmeal for breakfast and frozen meals for lunch every day.

I was excited to try Live the Life because it incorporates healthy eating AND exercise. I was hopeful when I started the program because I felt like I had nothing to lose (except the weight that was creeping on!). I read through the program materials and set some modest goals for myself. One of the biggest changes I had to make was to eat before working out in the morning. Before Live the Life, I dreaded going to the grocery store, trying to figure out what I was going to eat that week. Now, I go to the grocery store with my handy-dandy list, knowing exactly what I need to buy and what I will be eating that week. Best of all, I'm not eating oatmeal and frozen lunches every day! I loved learning how to eat the "right" combination of foods and the optimal times of day. The exercises for each week are simple, but effective. As I progressed through the program, I could feel my body making subtle changes.

With each week that passed, my self-confidence was bolstered. I was really doing this! I was eating delicious food, and I was never hungry. I had the energy to work out every day. During Phase 1, I started running again and actually enjoyed it. I ran a 5K and got my best time ever. I am planning to continue running.

Live the Life has given me the tools I needed to maintain a healthy lifestyle - both in what I eat and how I exercise. I'm looking forward to "living the life" for the rest of my life because I know I can do it!